When You're Not in the Mood: 3 Things to Do

0 Comments
I've been tired this week. The constant travel has really taken a lot of my energy and all I really want to do is get some sleep and take it easy for a couple days. Unfortunately, life doesn't always let you take a break when you need it. Sometimes you have to power through until you can catch a breather. Here are the symptoms and my recommendations for not losing your cool when you feel like crap.
  1. Short temper
    • Your emotions sometimes get the better of you when your normal levels of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) can't keep them in check. I know that I am guilty of being quick to anger when I'm tired and it usually turns out I just made a bad assumption somewhere. Know when to step outside for a breather and do all you can to not talk about (or think about) work at dinner and bedtime.
  2. Miscommunication
    • Ugh, I hate this one. An email comes in and you reply with an answer and you get a short response back pretty much asking "wtf". I either didn't make sense or didn't solve the right problem. My best solution for this one: apologize. When you make more mistakes, you need to own up to them and not be afraid to just say "woops" and "sorry".
  3. Losing concentration
    • Honestly, when you are wiped out there is no where else you'd rather be than chilling in front of the TV half asleep. It is hard to stay focused and actually get work done. The stress, added mistakes, and never ending to-do list makes you put more than your usual 40 hours in. Even though you feel like you aren't finishing anything, try to remove distractions or set mini-deadlines. I actually block out my calendar with each task so that I stay committed to the task at hand.
You are probably like me and if you aren't already, growing an addiction to coffee and other unnatural caffeinated ways to stay awake. Try to manage it and remember that being awake doesn't mean you are alert!


You may also like

No comments :

Follow me on Blogarama