Short and Sweet: Lessons from the Hemingway Short Story

0 Comments
The long days of summer inspire me this week. I love being able to come home after work during the leisurely enjoy a drink, relax, and think. Sometimes I read a book, sometimes I sit in the sun, sometimes I go to the park with my dog, sometimes I work on a home project. When the sun stays up until after 8:00 pm, you really can do a lot before dinner and bed. A long day gives you the opportunity to do a lot of short progress towards a happy life.
Hemingway knew the power of a short story and how lots of little wins can add up to mean a lot. He knew only a few words can convey meaning. Here are a few inspirational thoughts for the week, inspired by Hemingway.

  1. Hemingway six word story
    • Step forward. Try. Repeat until happy.
  2. Career advice in four words
    • Experience isn't gained silently.
  3. Favorite quote
    • "Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there in nothing left to take away." -- Antoine de Saint Exupery


You may also like

No comments :

Follow me on Blogarama