What Chocolate Pie Can Teach Us About Life

0 Comments
Happy Birthday to my boyfriend, my dad, and my grandpa! For our family holiday get-together this year, I did a clever combination of chocolate birthday cake and Thanksgiving pie: chocolate pie! It got me thinking, why can't we combine other things to simplify our lives? Two birds with one stone? Here are some ideas that you could implement every day!

  1. Walking meetings
    • Everyone has one-on-ones with their boss, lunchtime catch-ups with colleagues, or other smaller meetings in the office. If you don't need PowerPoint, why not take it outside? You get exercise AND your work done. And a bonus is the improved attitude that getting outside does to our motivation. Win-win-win!
  2. Audiobooks
    • Ever since I had a long evening commute, I started listening to audio-books in my car. I "read" a record 12 books this year. What a great use of time, to read AND travel at once? Being well-read makes you wise, happy, and creative. And the bonus? The traffic doesn't turn into road rage for you when you are in the middle of a book climax!
  3. Tweet
    • Any corporate event when you get a group of people together usually results in some good crowds and often in the name of charity too. Whenever you whip out that iPhone camera to snap a picture to document the occasion, tweet about it! It not only allows coworkers to see and save it, but it also promotes the culture at your company, which is definitely worth bragging about.
Do you combine two things into one at home or at work? Tell me about another way that you enjoy the little things by working smart, not hard.


You may also like

No comments :

Follow me on Blogarama