No Excuse November: 3 Ideas to Get Your Butt Moving at Work

0 Comments
It's No Shave November! Okay, I'm a lady so unless we're talking about my armpits (and ew) it doesn't apply. But there are many things that we would rather not do on a regular basis that this month is dedicated to "allow" us to pass on for a while. Well, here's what I think about it: the opposite!
No Shave November? I'm not sure that's what it's all about.
  1. How about then?
    • We tell ourselves a lot that "I'll do it in 5 minutes" but that excuse constantly gets pushed out 5 minutes at a time. Look at time past instead and ask, the last 5 minutes, should I have just gotten up and done it then? It might make you feel a little guilty and get you to get up now so that in 5 minutes, you can look back and say, ya, that was okay.
  2. Going slow is better than not going at all
    • I like this mantra for exercise but it can be applied to anything. Like that email you meant to reply to, or that documentation you kept putting off. Maybe you never felt inspired or felt ready to tackle a problem. News flash, you may never feel ready; so just get up and do it and take as long as it takes.
  3. Set personal reminders
    • It is soooo easy to set reminders these days. Outlook calendar, smartphone apps, post-it notes. They can popup incessantly and it's too easy to dismiss or delay them. Try having a real person be that reminder. They are a lot harder to get rid of. :-)


You may also like

No comments :

Follow me on Blogarama