For the Awkward Hotel Room: 3 Tips from a Business Traveler

0 Comments
When you aren't at home for a days or weeks at a time, the hotel room quickly stops become an escape from the ordinary and instead become a stuffy, uncomfortable room. The mattress, pillow, lights, and shower aren't on the settings you prefer. I travel over 50% of the time for my job and a hotel room can be tough to get used to and still feel refreshed in the morning. I've learned some tricks of the trade that hopefully you can use too!
  1. Charging your tech gadgets
    • One of the grossest things is looking behind furniture for an outlet. A tip is to look to the gadgets that are already in use in the room. In particular, the TV. These days most modern TVs have HDMI and USB ports on the back of them. Just swivel it to the side and plug in your phone. 
  2. Privacy from housekeeping
    • It makes me nervous having people clean my stuff for me. I've come back at the end of the day to my makeup meticulously organized on the bathroom counter. Did they use it before placing it like that? I'll never know. Instead of wondering if they do something strange out of curiosity or intentional, just hang the "Do not disturb" sign on the door knob when you leave for the day. It will keep housekeeping out and your stuff untouched. Just remember to hang up your towel and reuse it (you do that at home anyways!).
  3. Ask for the minifridge
    • I do not like hotel breakfasts. I'd rather eat granola bars in the morning, even at home. If I'm in a new place for a week though, I prefer to go to the neighborhood grocery store and grab breakfast (and/or lunch and/or dinner) for the week. Most hotel chains have a fridge (with microwave combos) that are on rolling carts. Sometimes there is a fee associated with it, but often there isn't. Then you can keep your juice cold until morning. :-)


You may also like

No comments :

Follow me on Blogarama